REVIEW: Some By Mi AHA-BHA-PHA 30 Days Miracle Toner

by - Tuesday, March 05, 2019

Hello Everybody... My name is Cindy, this is my first skincare review, hopefully it's useful enough for you ❤. Some By Mi AHA-BHA-PHA 30 Days Miracle Toner, I'm sure you've known or ever heard about this product before, their advertising video appear often on social media. Some By Mi is one of popular Korean brand that focuses on restoring the skin's natural health with low irritating and moisturising ingredients and their AHA-BHA-PHA 30 Days Miracle Toner was booming in the mid-2018, it has been reviewed by many beauty blogger/vlogger.


Some By Mi AHA-BHA-PHA 30 Days Miracle Toner is an exfoliating toner that claim to give cleaner, radiant, and smoother skin by removing dead skin cells and reduce pigmentation. It also helps to remove blackheads and treat acnes so it can improve skin texture too.

WHAT'S INSIDE?
As shown in its name,it contains AHA-BHA-PHA which is known as chemical exfoliators that good for skin. This is the differences between the three.
  • AHA or Alpha Hydroxy Acid, water-soluble and work on the surface of the skin, they gently dissolve the bonds between dead skin cells so it's easier to remove them, making soft and smoother surface. They capable to reducing red mark by acne scars, the appearance of fine lines, and prevent dark spot. The most common AHA in skincare are glycolic acid, citric acid, mandelic acid and lactic acid.
  • BHA or Beta Hydroxy Acid, this one is oil-soluble acid so not only the surface they can penetrate blocked pores and cleaning out the mixture of sebum and dead skin cells, also reducing oiliness. They are good for blemish-prone skin. The most popular BHA is salicylic acid.
  • PHA or Polyhydroxy Acid, similar with AHA but with larger molecules, they can't penetrate skin as deep as AHA, causing less irritation. Besides, PHA also attract water molecules so they can prevent moisture loss while gently exfoliating. The most common PHA is gluconolactone and lactobionic acid.
There are also Tea Tree extract 10,000 ppm (part per million) as anti-inflammatory and excellent treatment for acnes. Niacinamide 2%, known as vitamin B3 and nicotinic acid, it help to improve the appearance of enlarged pores, uneven skin tone, fine lines and wrinkles, dullness, and help to boost the hydrating ability of moisturizers.

Here is the ingredients list sorted by the most percentages. Source

My skin type is combination, rather oily in the T-zone area but the other part is normal to dry. I have unending fight with blackheads and whiteheads, usually I use a pore pack to extract them but it's really difficult to remove those above nose and cheeks and I am not a fans of face scrub because not only it hurts my skin (yes, my skin layer is thin) the blackheads are also still there. Besides that my skin also looks dull and I have enlarged pores, that's why this toner really enticing for me.






Some By Mi AHA-BHA-PHA 30 Days Miracle Toner comes in dark green mint transparent 150 mL plastic bottle with useful information about the product written on the label. The toner has a watery texture, colorless and has a nice minty scents. I love how the whole product is giving  fresh vibes. 

I'm using Some By Mi AHA-BHA-PHA 30 Days Miracle Toner everyday as my first step of skincare routine AM and PM. I don't use much products only this toner, Nacific Phyto Niacin Whitening Essence and Etude House sunscreen, then I just change the last step with Votre Peau Collagen Booster cream for night regime. During the first application and so on my skin doesn't feel stinging and drying, it works gently and quickly absorbs, but it might sting a little if you have acne scars. Moreover my skin looks moist after applying, I think it's because of Sodium Hyaluronate in it.

RESULTS 
I used this product for almost six months now, I notice the improvement on my skin so I decided to keep using it and even repurchase. I'm sorry I don't have the "before" photos because I didn't plan to create a blog post at that time. Well it's true that this toner not giving me beautiful flawless skin like the girl in their advertising video, I expected that and I'm quite sure it need more than 30 days to get the results. However, it does a great job on me, my skin becomes much smoother and less oily. I'm so happy when I touch it around my nose and cheeks, I no longer felt those rough and bumpy skin surface caused by clogged pores. Blackheads/whiteheads are still there but they reduced a lot than before, also my pores were minimized. 
This photo was taken after I applied my night skincare routine.

By the way, do you see a reddish spot on my nose? It actually a painful small bump that (I am sure) will turned into pimple. I rubbing more toner on it.... and voila!! tomorrow morning it's still a bit red but not swell and painful anymore, which means that this toner can prevent acne is true. 


Some By Mi AHA-BHA-PHA 30 Days Miracle Toner really helps me get a better skin texture and it's a good combination with another skincare product for brightening. Not so miraculous but it works well ❤


You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Fuschia Hydrating Facial Toner Lavender, This Toner not only tones your skin, also gives you a hydrated refreshing feel, rejuvenates skin to its youthful glow from first use itself.

    ReplyDelete